The population of the city is 174,164. In 1990 the district name alla was formally modified to Alappuzha. Like alternative components of the state, the district receives a pair of seasons of monsoon. the town encompasses a network of lakes, lakes and fresh rivers. though the district is industrially backward, some ancient industries have supported fiber, fiber merchandise, marine merchandise, loom and numerous varieties of handicrafts. The district is thought because of the ancient home of the fiber trade in Kerala. Though the present city owes its name to Dewan Rajasekhavadas in the second half of the 18th century, the Alappuzha district accounts for the district literature. 2. As per the GO (MS) No. In 1925, a fearless journalist opened all the roads to the temples, especially the Sri Krishna Swamy Temple in Ambalapuzha, to the Hindus. The district was constituted as a separate administrative unit on August 17, 1957. The then Diwan Raja Keshava Das of Travancore, formerly known as 'Alappuzha' was the maker of the modern Alappuzha. In the 19th century, the district made progress in all areas. .